If your employees work with words, then it’s your business. The Chicago Manual of Style gets everyone on the same page, whether it’s 10 employees in a nonprofit or 20,000 corporate workers scattered around the globe. And if you work with freelance editors, odds are they’re experts in Chicago style.
CMOS Online subscribers include hundreds of companies, large and small, in publishing, technology, finance, the arts, education, manufacturing, government, retail, and more. Companies of all kinds, from Saatchi and Saatchi X to the American Meteorological Society, depend on the Manual.
Why use a style guide?
It’s professional. Having a single, authoritative style reference ensures a consistent, professional look to websites, reports, and advertising. With an institutional subscription to CMOS, all your employees will have authoritative answers to their questions about grammar, punctuation, capitalization, hyphenation, and citation.
It’s efficient. Editors learn a “style” like Chicago’s so they don’t have to look the same things up over and over again. Teams refer to the same style manual (and dictionary) so they can independently make the same styling decisions.
No matter what kind of content you produce, it will benefit from the guidelines in The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Website content
- Advertising and public relations copy
- Training or instructional brochures
- Books or articles
- Reports and memos
- Charts and tables
- Meeting agendas
- Grant proposals and donor appeals
Many users love the hardcover edition of the Manual, but a group or institutional subscription to CMOS Online may be the most economical way to give all your employees unlimited access to
- The complete text of The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th and 16th editions
- Free editing tools, such as sample correspondence, style sheets, and our Quick Citation Guide
- Our monthly “Chicago Style Q&A” and archives
- Monthly usage reports (downloadable by your company’s administrator)
Completely searchable, CMOS Online is there for you anytime and anywhere your team has web access.
It’s authoritative. “The Big Orange” represents more than 100 years of authoritative advice from working manuscript editors at the University of Chicago Press, America’s largest university press. Internationally acclaimed as the writer’s and editor’s “bible,” CMOS is the ideal reference book for anyone who works with words.
It’s online. CMOS is the only authoritative style manual for generalists that is available online.
Testimonials from subscribers
Read what some of our subscribers from companies large and small have to say about why they value CMOS Online.
For more information
- What Is The Chicago Manual of Style?
- Using The Chicago Manual of Style Online with Your House Style Guide
- History of the Manual
- What’s New in the 17th Edition
- Subscription Options
- Try It for FreeIf you’d like to try The Chicago Manual of Style Online, we offer free one-month trials of both log-in subscriptions and IP-based subscriptions. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on your full-access trial.